John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I am working on a Samsung refrigerator. It was one that was

Customer Question

I am working on a Samsung refrigerator. It was one that was purchased used and when they bought it they laid it on it side, they let it sit for two hours before they plugged it in and then they plugged it in to a GFI outlet and tripped the GFI and then they plugged it in to a regular outlet and now the relay on the board continues to do a slow click and the compressor is not running. Put a new universal relay on the compressor and ran 110 power to the compressor and the compressor is running. We suspect a bad board. Unit supposedly worked when they picked it up.
Samsung Fridge Model: RS22HDHPNBC/AA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

OK can you tell me what voltage you are getting at the relay/overload fitted to the appliance (ie the original connection) Secondly is there any display in the freezer door panel showing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not sure of voltage at relay. Unplugged wires to relay and have 110 at the main board. (I am not at the unit right now so i am unable to check, this is what i found from when i was there) And the display panel is lit up in the freezer door panel. When relay clicks the lights go blank and then when it clicks again the lights come on.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

OK with the compressor unplugged but the relay still connected switch the unit on and then hold the top two button of the display in (top left and top right) and the display should after a few second start to flash and then go blank - tell me what you then see in the display?