John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Well, there seems to be a periodic leak of water with our

Customer Question

Customer: well, there seems to be a periodic leak of water with our kitchenaid refrigerator... I have turned off water to the water dispenser but there does not seem to be a link to this. What is happening is a build up of ice in an indent under the freezer bin. I have been breaking it up and taking it out (once, now twice). I thought that this was a long term build up but it has replenished quickly. The freezer door seems to shut completely and properly I think the leak is from this ice melting? But where does the water come from?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: take a read above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? The model number is ***** on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.