Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmoore he2 washer wont power on

Customer Question

kenmoore he2 washer wont power on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the washer won't turn on at all, press and hold the drain button or the end of cycle signal button for 5 seconds to see if the control panel will unlock in case the control panel is locked. If that doesn't work, you either have a bad interface control board or the noise filter has failed and needs to be replaced. You'd need a multimeter to test the noise filter. Pull the washer forward and unplug it. Remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and then the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now follow the power cord from your house going into the back of the washer. The wires from the power cord will plug into the noise filter in the back corner of the washer. use a multimeter to make sure you have 110 volts going INTO the filter as well as out of the filter. If not, replace the noise filter. If you do have 110 volts coming out of the noise filter, then replace the front interface control board because it has shorted I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.