Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have 2 may tag mdg50pccww dryers keeps saiyng clean lint

Customer Question

i have 2 may tag mdg50pccww dryers keeps saiyng clean lint ive cleaned everthing i no but they still want work any ideas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a sail switch (actuated by air flow) behind the lint filter drawer. If you remove the filter drawer and push that switch manually and start the machines, will they run and heat? If so, there is an issue with the air flow. If not, you may have a control issue or other electrical issues. Does anything change if you turn the breakers off for a few hours?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Goes right back to same lint filter I have 2 of these dryers they both reading clean lint I tried the switch it still want work
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If the exhaust is clear and the sail switches are working, then the electronic control is likely faulty. Do they start and run for a minute or two and then error or no start at all?