John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I apparently t the "clean" button on my Frigidaire kitchen

Customer Question

I apparently hit the "clean" button on my Frigidaire kitchen range. Not realizing this, I opened the oven door after the door-lock sequence was set in motion. NOW, the door is open, but the door latch is extended, making it impossible to close the door. I have tried everything I can think of - attempting to start the cleaning cycle so I can use the clear/off button to stop it, and holding in the clear/off button for three seconds to see if it would reverse the door-lock. Nothing has worked. Do you have any suggestions? Beverley Duffy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 11 months ago.

Disconnect power to the unit for 30 mintues. How long did you leave self clean after restarting it before pressing cancel?