Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We moved house, with careful help from a trucking co, and

Customer Question

We moved house, with careful help from a trucking co, and found our freezer was no longer working
it is a telmann chest freezerTCS 20Q, the lights all work, i bridged out the 'rheostat' temperature selector, all to no avail.
The circut diag on the back mentions a 'motor protector', but i can't see a pop-out button to reset anywhere on the motor, even using a mirror to look at the hidden side.
Age is approx 6 years.
Any suggestions please?
Thanks
Paul Mc
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Is the compressor running on the unit?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Praise be to God in Her infinite wisdom, that I have got a real person, at last, after such a convoluted path on so many pages, for so long!
THANKS for getting back to me- i know that you don't set up the system and are surely great at your profession, but PLEASE pass on my message that it is too convoluted.....eg....
"Sorry, this email has already been used for a previous account. Please use a different email address."
I only have ONE email address, so this message appears to leave me completely 'stranded', trying to deal with a 'robot'!
MY ANSWER with thanks...No, the compressor is quite silent / not runing.
PS,
I was pleased to see the not initially, that information wes 'free', and thought i may have found a benevolent chat room or sinoliar.This is obviously a wrong impression- a pity
I only had one small question, which i noted immediately, being, is there -likely to be in most cases, a 'reset' switch on the unit?
Thanks,
Regards
Paul McL
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is no "reset button" for the compressor. The voltage comes into the compressor through the overload protector and to the relay. If the compressor is not starting, we need to determine why it is not getting voltage. Since it was just moved, I would suspect a wire has come off before a component failure. It could be at the control that tells the compressor to come on or anywhere in between that and the compressor. Do you have a meter to perform any voltage testing with?