ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have a Maytag washer and dryer combo. The washer timer

Customer Question

I have a Maytag washer and dryer combo. The washer timer does nothing if started at the beginning of the wash cycle on all wash options. I can move to the drain setting and it spins and you can hear the the timer working. Since it only happens on the beginning setting that fills the washer tub, could it be something to do with an electronically controlled water inlet valve.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service!!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your washer

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

Looking at the wiring diagram, you should check out the internal fuse on the lid switch. The power go thru the fuse before allowing power to the water valve.

You need to remove the front panel and then remove the two 3/8 bolts from each front corner under the top of the washer. Then the top assembly will come off and you can get access to the lid switch. The fuse is located in the switch housing. There is also a micro switch inside the housing. Remove the switch and check to see if has continuity and clicks when you press the button.

It looks like this

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/maytag-washer-dryer-combo-parts/22001581/0026/464/model-LSE7804ACE/3048/0152000.html​

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out with your question.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars or the Smiley Face to rate my help to you and me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out and feel free to come back to this question anytime with no additional charges after rating and your position will be saved. Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don