Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I'm currently working to solve 2 things. I'll settle

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. I'm currently working to solve 2 things. I'll settle for one accomplishment this evening! My name is ***** *****. My Whirlpool side by side is leaking water from inside the freezer onto the floor. Next problem that started after that is the water dispenser stopped putting out water after slowly trickling out water....which lead to the ice dispenser not creating ice any longer.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: of course.Whirlpool model ED2KVEXVB01
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

1st problem:

Unfortunately this is not an easy issue to fix on these bottom freezer top refrigerators. You will want to unplug the unit for 24 hours to allow all the ice to thaw out. Once the ice is thawed out, the best way to clean the drain line is from the bottom up because going at it from the inside is really difficult. If you pull the refrigerator forward and remove the bottom access panel and locate the rubber hose which comes down directly from the middle or so of the freezer floor toward the back and use something like a turkey baster to shoot hot water up the hose. Once it's clear and you can blow air through the hose, you're good to go again. Also, if you have the ability to just unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours that'll thaw all the ice out and them you can just blow air up and clear the drain out.

Now this drain hose has been re-designed because the material on the hose would break down and the check valve inside won't allow water to flow out so below is a link to the new re-designed hose you'll want to order and replace with instructions.

CLICK HERE for drain hose

2nd problem:

Your electronic water valve isn't working properly or you have poor water pressure to the refrigerator from your house. You need to make sure the refrigerator is getting good water pressure and if so then you need a new electronic water valve. That would cause the slow trickling and it needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the valve you'd need to order and replace for your model. The water line going to the icemaker is likely frozen at this point since it had such bad water pressure getting to the icemaker so unplugging the refrigerator is probably the best option to fix both the drain and this new issue.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.