Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Cabrio washer type 580; when I press start, the water flows

Customer Question

Cabrio washer type 580; when I press start, the water flows in but then it just sits; machine does not turn. Lid is locked shut
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Either your main control board is faulty and needs to be replaced, or you haven't waited long enough for an error code to appear. This washer can detect anything wrong with the washer other than the main board itself. You need to give it at least 45 minutes and an error code should appear. If not, then the main control board in the far back right corner under the control panel will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.