Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kenmore dishwasher will not complete diagnostic cycle.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

What is not working on the unit or where does it stop at?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It stops at different points in the cycle. Not consistent. Initially was giving error codes for "drain electrical problem", but now those are gone and giving codes for "fill valve electrical problem". However, it will sometimes still go through the fill cycle of the diagnostic cycle--and then hang up/quit diagnostics later in the cycle.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
66512783K310 is the Kenmore model #
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Currently throwing codes: 6-4 & 6-2

That is a faulty main control board replace the main board on the unit they had a lot of issues with that one and that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Trying to find this board… So far, not available anywhere. I will give feedback and a rating after I receive the board and try it.

ok sounds good