Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Jenn air dishwasher model JDB8700AWP2. It won't

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****- I have a Jenn air dishwasher model JDB8700AWP2. It won't stop running.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No matter what cycle you choose it won't stop washing until you hit the cancel button
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any signs of life on the dishwasher at all? Any indicator lights or sounds ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It runs fine. It just never completes the wash cycle. It keeps running until you press the cancel button. The first time it happened it ran over night
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK so this can only be caused by the control board. If there was any other issue the dishwasher would stop and start flashing the clean light to indicate an error. If the dishwasher wasn't heating or something like that, it was cause the cycle to stick and not advance, but after 30 minutes it would stop the dishwasher and pop up with an error code. Try to reset the control board and if that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the board which is part number W10567073. To reset your dishwasher, turn the dishwasher off. Choose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push. Now just press cancel after all the lights illuminate and that resets the board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll give it try
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok good luck.