Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an E02 and F06 errors that wouldn't let me open the

Customer Question

I have an E02 and F06 errors that wouldn't let me open the door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So I'm really sorry to bring you this bad news, but let me explain your error codes. F06 E02 is a communication error where your MCU is not communicating with your CCU (central control unit). You'll want to remove the lower front panel (if your model has one) or the entire back panel of the washer and make sure the wire connections to the motor control unit below the tub are all secure. If everything checks good, you'd need to have the MCU replaced. The part is about $200 typically unfortunately but it's all plug and play so if you're handy you can replace it yourself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much. I'm thinking about getting a new one altogether. This one makes my clothes stink and I've done EVERYTHING I can think of to stop that. Any suggestions? And where do I get the MCU part - Lowes?

Lowe's won't carry appliance parts I'm afraid. If you have a Sears Parts and Service center near you may be able to pick one up locally. Otherwise you'll need your model number to order one off line at a place like Repairclinic.com.

As for getting the dishwasher to stop stinking, you need to run an empty cycle with a product called Washer Magic which you can get at Lowes. Then, when the washer isn't in use, rest the door shut, don't click it shut or it will really build up an odor inside.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, thank you so much. I appreciate it. If I buy a new one do you have a brand you recommend? Are LGs any good?

I would recommend Samsung. They are quieter and more reliable than any other model on the market. LG's have quite a few drain pump and control board issues so I'd probably stay clear of them. That being said, Whirlpool/Maytag have tons of communication errors as you are experiencing so they are the worst on the list in recent years.