Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Names ***** *****, Looking "How-To" on adjusting gas burners

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, Names ***** *****, Looking for a "How-To" on adjusting gas burners on a GE stove. Flames are yellow, all of a sudden. Not finding any adjustments that are reachable. Taking the whole top off seems to be only way to the gas lines???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yellow flames on all 4 burners as well as oven. Checking the house furnace as we speak. Can't find any gas/air adjustments on the cook stove.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure..................
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I would need the complete model number to better assist you?

The burner adjustments are usually behind the burner knobs down the shafts on the burner valves.. A small flat head is what is normally used to adjust the flame size. Sounds like you have a gas issue at the mains like out of propane?.. or the regulator on the appliance has failed not allowing sufficient flow into the oven. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen before logging off. Thanks!