Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

IM ***** ***** I HAVE A SAMSUNG RS261MDRS REFRIG I JUST

Customer Question

Customer: HI IM ***** ***** I HAVE A SAMSUNG RS261MDRS REFRIG I JUST RESET OUT OF DEMO MODE AND COMPRESSOR IS RUNNING BUT MY LED LIGHTS FOR FRIG AND FREZZER WILL NOT STAY ON AFTER ADJUSTING TEMP IS THAT NORMAL OR DO I HAVE A PROBLEM
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: REFRIG AND FREZZER WERE WARM THIS MORNING THINK I WAS IN DEFROST MODE MY FILTER NEED TO BE CHANGED SO REPLACED FILTER AND RESET BY PULLING PLUG NOT SURE IF MY EVAP MOTERS ARE WORKING
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

I'm assuming you did not put the refrigerator into demo mode by accident correct? Unfortunately these Samsung units are known for going into demo mode on their own sometimes and occasionally you can exit the demo mode and everything works like normal again. Other times you can not exit the demo mode or when you do the refrigerator doesn't work entirely correct. The front interface control board would need to be replaced if it's still acting up and you've tried to reset power to the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the board logic will reset and that doesn't work. The part number would be DA97-08118Q and below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
LIGHTS WORK ON BOARD WATER LIGHT AND ENERGY LIGHT IS ON ANDWHEN I HIT FREZZER AND REFRIG SCROLL BUTTON TO ADJUST TEMP IT WORKS BUR THEN JUST THE SCROLL LED GOES DARK

Understood, that is part of the logic in the display board. If you wanted it to work like normal again you'd need to try to reset power for 5 minutes and if that didn't work the board would need to be replaced unfortunately.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
EVEN IF FREZZER IS NOW MAKING COLD AND REFRIG SIDE IS WARM AND SECOND QUESTION IS THE LED TEMP LIGHTS SHOULD BE LIT ALL THE TIME OR THE BOARD IS BAD

That is correct. The board does hundreds of different functions and some may still work while other parts fail. yes the LED lights should be lit all the time or else the board is bad.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
DOES THE BOARD ACTIVATE THE EVAP FANS

Not exactly no. The main control board behind the entire refrigerator does that function.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS THAT ALL THE LIGHTS WERE LIT BEFORE I PULLED POWER PLUG AND WAS MESSING WITH HOLDING BUTTONS TO RESET DEMO MODE COULD I HAVE NOT REST RIGHT

You are exactly right that your oven relay board has failed. The contact for the broil element is stuck closed. Below is a link to the oven relay control board if you wanted to order and replace it.

CLICK HERE for oven relay board

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
YOU ANSWERED WRONG PERSON IM REFRIG NOT OVEN

Sorry I'm not sure how that got sent to you. I actually didn't mean to send that to anyone. But I do understand what you are saying about your refrigerator and NO, this issue isn't that you didn't reset it correctly. The problem is your board as I have told you several times now.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
IS THE BOARD HARD TO REPLACE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
IM A OLD AC MECHANIC CAN I DO IT MYSELF

Not really no. It's part of the front dispenser so you just unplug the unit and pull the front dispenser forward at the bottom and off. There may be a screw coming in from below it that you need to remove first, otherwise it's just clipped on so you pull hard on the bottom of this board you're replacing and it'll unclip. Then it's all plug and play and you can just swap it out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
DO YOU KNOW AROUND THE PRICE I SHOULD PAY

The board is about $80-100.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THX

No problem and good luck.