Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My Centennial will only turn on to sensing, does nothing

Customer Question

My Centennial will only turn on to sensing, does nothing else, lid locks for a little and then unlocks, I hear a little sensing and then none, have to unplug because green light on sensing will not go off, what is wrong and is it expensive to fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question. Give me just a minute and I will be right with you working on your answer now. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
okay, like I said found coins in circle indentation around where agitator would normally be, removed but do not think this is it.

does the washer put water in the unit when you start a cycle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it does

Ok does it drain properly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, like I said, does not go any further with process, just stops and unlocks the lid.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Green sensor light stays on.

If you put the unit on drain and spin will it drain the water out?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That is impossible, as it is all push button by one button with a row of lights and functions, do you think I can do that someway, as there is a drain but when I start the machine it lights up to sensor for water level and will not go any further.

Is the wash Led or spin led lit up?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not sure what you mean, there is only the sensor light on and the lid lock light on which goes off and I can open the lid, no other lights come on because there is a chain of events, sensing, wash, rinse, spin, done and the one and only button to push to start, pause and unlock the lid.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is a dial for drain, should I start machine on that, but it will only be sensor which controls level of water, no water in machine as of now so what should I do?

you will need to run a diagnostics test on the unit, I am going to upload the complete service manual for that unit for you so you can go through the on board computer diagnostics, it will walk you through it step by step in the manual on page 60 or 5-2:

Open Manual

If you take a little time and read over the manual it tells you everything you need to know about repairing that unit

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am just a 74 year woman, not a repairman, is this something you think I can do?

Well in that case, I would highly recommend that you call out a service tech, because it's all computer controlled and you will need to also have a ohm/voltage meter to test certain components on the unit as well as to be able to lean the unit back and look underneath etc; This is not gonna be a reset the board issue, it's a repair issue.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not think you can help me, all I have done is tell you problem and how do I get my free question and not be charged for this which did not tell me you needed to be a service repairman?

sure I understand but we techs have nothing to do with billing or your account, you will need to contact customer support for those related issues. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I still have no answer, I do not want to pay $28.00 to tell you my problems to get these answers, when I first told problem, it rated percentage of problem and cost I believe on the site, letting me to believe it could be answered. I see I will have a new technician within 24 hours, I think I should do what you said and call repair, instead send me to accounting to cancel this.