Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have the EIED55HIW electrolux dryer giving an E64 code. We

Customer Question

Customer: I have the EIED55HIW electrolux dryer giving an E64 code. We replaced the sensors that a website told me was the problem 75% of the time. Both sensors were on the heating element. I tested the heated element on all three elements and they show continuity. I was getting ready to by-pass the relays at the circuit board. A note; the dryer does produce heat, but shuts off after about 3-5 minutes.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What type of info do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your dryer :(

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

The E64 error code is indicating that the cpu is showing an open circuit.

You say the dryer heats for a while, so I am going to say you don't have a problem with the heater. It sounds like you have an air flow problem. If the dryer senses there is a decrease in air flow across the heater, it will open the circuit to the heater and generate the 64 code.

You need to check all the air flow ducts in the dryer along will all the felt tub seals. They seal the air in the machine so the air is not bypassed from the heater. Check the fan blade for any build up of lint.

Lastly I assume that you have already checked the vent going outside. If you have not already checked it. Lets take the simple route and just run the dryer without the vent pipe attached and see if it keeps heating. If it does, then we know you have a vent problem

Tell me what you find.

____________________________________________________________________________

If you still have questions, just ask otherwise, if you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars or the Smiley Face to rate my help to you and me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Thanks for the opportunity to help you out and feel free to come back to this question anytime with no additional charges after rating and your position will be saved. Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Many Thanks

Don