Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a MArvel 6BAR6004 under counter beverage refrigerator

Customer Question

Customer: I have a MArvel 6BAR6004 under counter beverage refrigerator that just stopped working. Repairman said there are no parts to fix it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Lights are on but compressor not running. Repairman said it had to do with a defrost thermostat.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the thermostat itself has failed. The thermostat is what turns the compressor on and off. You can verify if he's right by calling marcone appliance parts. They will have the thermostat if anyone does. They changed the thermostat on these because of this issue. Hopefully Marcone has one for you. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is actually what he called the defrost thermostat but Marcone no longer carries it. I'm trying to locate the actual part number to see if there is some place that may have it or a substitute part as I am not so keen on spending another $1500-$2000. I couldn't find any manuals online. Was going to call Marvel unless you're aware of another resource or way to substitute.

What's the model number from the sticker inside the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6BAR6004

They have no part diagrams for that model on line. The only option is to call them for the part number of the thermostat.