Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

How do i stop the beeping? I tried locking the door of the

Customer Question

how do i stop the beeping ? I tried locking the door of the range oven, and it reads" dr" and goes to "F93" and starts to beep and beep.
I flip the breaker, but as soon as it goes on, it starts again.
At this point, all I want is to keep using the range and oven withough the beep, I don't even care for the cleaning option ( i decided I'll give a try for 1 time to see how it works)
Any ideas on how to stop the beeping? I am not very tech savy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 11 months ago.

Hi, flip the breaker or unplug the unit to stop the beeping. You need a new door lock most likely. The small motor on the lock motor has failed. It's common. You can try to reset the latch motor but you would need to be extremely handy to do so. The latch would need to be removed and taken apart..I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks for the quick response, but I am not satisfied with he answer. I had mentioned i had plug it off and turned off the breaker. Clearly, those options shut down the beeping while the appliance was off. I was looking for a different type of answer.
Unfortunately, I think I am going to request a refund. thanks

Yes, unfortunately that is the only answer. Sorry you need a part to fix your stove. Best of luck to you.

I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!