Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I own a year old Whirlpool washing machine...front loader

Customer Question

I own a year old Whirlpool washing machine...front loader W10656460A. The lock button is on and I can not open. the tub is empty and dry. Power will not go on to try rinse cycle. Went to trouble shooting guide and tried both options....could not run DRAIN and Spin bc power will not go on (and there is no water in tub anyway). The Tumble fresh option is not on and the ADD Garment light is not lit. help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 11 months ago.

Hello, unplug the unit for 2-3 minutes. Will that reset it? The door lock has a manual release. The loop on the bottom of the lock can be pulled down. The loop on the bottom of the lock can be access from the top or by removing the lower 12" of the front panel and reaching up. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!