Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

HBL 3350
, Yes I got Err 118 after a broil session.

Customer Question

Customer: HBL 3350
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I got Err 118 after a broil session. Then I changed the Fan still Err 118 I then chnged the Mother Board still Err 118, I then chagned the Power supply board Still Err 118
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Then I changed the Lower coil and it ran but now again err 118
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So this error is actually a communication error between the display board and the mother board. The power supply board would never actually cause this issue for future reference. Now there is no way to test the mother board or the display board to know which one is causing the issue but I can tell you that I have never seen the mother board cause this error. I have probably seen this issue at least 20-30 times and it's always the display board. You'd need to replace the display board to resolve this issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When you say " display board" what part are you referring to exactly?

I'm talking about the part that actually has the display attached to it on your control panel---the part where you see the temperature and time of day.

The part number is ***** and it's about $200.