Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dishwasher is having black rubber after wash cycle thinking

Customer Question

Dishwasher is having black rubber after wash cycle thinking somethings might need to be clean but not sure how to do it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You'll want to run the dishwasher through an empty cycle with a product called Dishwasher Magic which will clean out the entire dishwasher. Now the other thing you'll want to check is to take the door apart and make sure the black tar dampening material on the inside of the door isn't sliding down the inner door liner into the water in the tub. If that is occurring then you need to cut off the damper about 1 inch from the bottom of the door so it doesn't get into the water in the dishwasher.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.