Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool washer, Ultimate Care II is leaving my clothes

Customer Question

My whirlpool washer, Ultimate Care II is leaving my clothes soaked. The water is gone in the tub but the clothes are still soaked. I replaced the coupler, the lid switch, the agitator dogs and I checked the clutch which appears to be in good condition. I also checked the water pump which also appeared good. Washer is still not working properly. What am I missing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

The only things that would cause the problem would be the clutch or the transmission if the washer still agitates. You can't just look at a clutch and see if it's good so you'll want to replace the clutch first since it's significantly less expensive then the transmission.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.