Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My Miele inspire dishwasher is not draining. Filter basket

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** My Miele inspire dishwasher is not draining. Filter basket is clean and I don't know how to get to the impeller part.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It sounds like to starts to drain at the beginning of cycle then stops.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question.

What is the model number of your miele dishwasher?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
G 2180SCVi

ok give me just a minute to pull up your model info, thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
k

Ok because this could be several different issues causing it not drain, I am gonna upload the complete service manual for you to follow the steps you need to take in order to diagnose the problem, because Miele dishwashers are quite a bit more complex than normal dishwashers you will need to follow the guide to find the problem. Start on page 136 of the manual it's the drainage fault service section. I have uploaded to google drive for you.

Open Manual - Click Here

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
k thanks

If you have any questions feel free to get back to me here, which you can do even after giving me a rating, thanks again and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is not really helpful was hoping you could walk me through gaining access to the drain

sure I can tell you how to get to the drain pump - its all in the manual to access the drain pump :

1. Uninstall the appliance.
2. Disconnect the appliance from the power supply.
3. Remove any residual water from the sump.
4. Remove the cover plate. at the bottom of the unit.
5. Disconnect the wiring harness from the drain pump.
6. Using a small flathead screwdriver, push the safety retainer clip outward
See image here
7. Turn the pump clockwise and release it from its holder.

All this info is in the manual - that is page 107

but if the drain pump is not running it may not have anything to do with a blockage, why I said you need to follow the guide step by step to find the problem.

If you find the drain pump is running and shutting off and running and shutting off:

Drain Pump Switches On and Off at Short Intervals
Symptom: The drain pump operates with 1 second on and 4 seconds off.
Cause: Electronic fault.
Remedy: Replace the electronic. See Section 100-4.5 or 100-4.6.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok i need a repair person.

ya those dishwashers are tough to repair, lots of electronics and other components that have to be checked before just replacing parts. So if you feel you need a repair person, you probably should get one out to do it, probably be cheaper on you in the long run to be honest. Please don't forget to leave me a rating by clicking on the star rating system as I tried to help you to the best of my ability from over the internet, thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.