Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I replaced my circuit board # RCS-TCTOP-04 a few months ago

Customer Question

Hi I replaced my circuit board # ***** a few months ago and it's burned again, left burners not working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the board has failed again after a very short period, you likely have a short or poor connection in the wiring that is causing excess current to be drawn and damaging the board. Can you post a picture of the burn spot, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, I'm sending you the photo, I also got a mild shock from the chassis as I was opening it up, the power is off now, I checked the power supply connection, it looks good, all other wiring looks good also, thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! That is a pretty high current burn, it arced pretty good! I suspect something is shorted on the left side inverter board and it may have caused the failure of the power board. What happened to the original board, the same thing?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If everything looks good, it is going to be difficult to know what caused its failure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First one burned way worse, how is it that the chassis gives a mild shock? Is that my short?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, something is shorted to ground, it could be on that board or another part.