Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a 2004, or, close to that date, wash machine. Can't

Customer Question

I have a 2004, or, close to that date, wash machine. Can't find the serial number, but info I have found says, This model uses 476, also says kWh/year. It is a 14 clothes care cycles.
The problem is, I pulled the button to set the wash machine to a cycle. The button you pull/push, literally pulled back about 1/4 inch, and it no longer will push in for a cycle. I was hoping it would come off and I could use a pair of wrench or something to move the button, but it will not come off. If I push it in really hard it will sometimes move, but I can't tell what cycle it is doing. I live alone and the machine has certainly not been over used!!!!! Any chances it can be fixed? Anyone in the Toledo/Maumee area that does this type of work?????
Carolyn J Moore
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it can be fixed for sure. You will need a part to fix the issue. A factory authorized company would be best suited to handle this repair.