Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have GE Gas drier Mod#ddg8280vbcwh starting Ignites glows

Customer Question

I have GE Gas drier Mod#ddg8280vbcwh starting Ignites glows flame starts stays on for under a minute and goes off after a minute or two starts doing same thing. I changed the sensor and I checked the Vent for block and it is clear.Could it be the klaxon next to sansor is bad or some thing else. Darayes B Newjersey
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 11 months ago.

Hello, you would need to check the amp draw on the igniter to verify but it sounds like you have a faulty gas valve. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not know why I was thrown off the site. what more do you want from me. gas burner fires up but goes off under a minute and it takes long time to dry my setting are permanent press/Cotton and normal Heat

I have no clue why either.

check the amp draw on the igniter to verify but it sounds like you have a faulty gas valve. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!