Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Kenmore dyer model 424 turns from number to pause right

Customer Question

Customer: My Kenmore dyer model 424 turns from number to pause right away
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: door closes and the dryer buzzes like it is going to start the time of cycle is displayed but then it clicks to pause
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 11 months ago.

Hello, what is the complete model number from the sticker on the front of the machine?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like there is an issue with the motor if it sounds like it is going to start. Or, you may have a problem with the electronic control. The tech sheet is attached. Will the motor start in the service mode? Can you post any errors you may be able to retrieve, please?