Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The control panel has a little like plastic strip with

Customer Question

Hi John,
the control panel has a little like plastic strip with wires. It needs to slide into a connection on the computer like board that has all the transitors on it. The space is so tight that I can't slide it in. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

This plastic strip is called a "ribbon cable". The receptacle on the board has a plastic lock in cap on the top of it. Look on the receptacle on the right and left side and there are little clips to depress and then pull up on to release the locking cap. The ribbon cable will then push into the receptacle and you can push down on the cap to lock the ribbon cable into place.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.