Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My name is ***** ***** I have some problem with my

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Kelly.. my name is ***** ***** I have some problem with my refrigerator.. can i ask some advise from you?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just found that the temperature of Freezer and Refriger was changed to 55 and 65.. I tried to adjust it to control panel to 0 and 37, but it just came back to 55 and 65..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The display will automatically default back to actual temperature, so they are not set at 55 & 65, that is just the actual temperature in each section. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No.. i don't see any frost inside the freezer.. the model number is *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thank you! Is the fan running in the freezer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i can hear Fan is running.. but all the materials inside in freezer unfrozen.. :( and temp still shows 55..
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Can you tell if the compressor in the back of the cabinet is running? if you are able to, can you pull the refrigerator out and remove the cover from the bottom in the back?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 725 is the compressor. If you feel it, is it vibrating as if it is running? Is it hot, warm or cool?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hmm i can't uncover the back of refrigerator... but i see that fan is indeed running but i feel that the wind from the fan is not cold at all.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Does it sound like the compressor is running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
not sure.. if compressor is indeed working.. the wind from fan is not really cool.. it's slightly lower than room temp..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just feel like normal Fan..
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I don't think the compressor is running. Either the electronic control board is not energizing it or there is a problem with the electrical components on the compressor. Do you have a meter to test with and can you remove the rectangular cover for access to the control board that is mounted just above the compressor area?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
unfortunately, I am not able to remove the cover now. do you think that i need to change some part inside of it?it seems that I will need to have someone from GE to fix this?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I suspect the main control board, number 801 in the diagram at the link below, will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but fan and other operation seems to be all ok..do you think that probably compressor itself has an issue?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Not if the air is coming out room temperature. The compressor will produce heat, so if the air from the fan is cool, I don't think the compressor is getting energized. The board has a very high failure rate.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok.. thank you very much for your help!
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

You are very welcome, thank you! Have a peaceful evening....