Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE built in microwave is flashing something about keypad

Customer Question

Customer: my GE built in microwave is flashing something about keypad short may need service my husband can unplug it and plug it back in and it MAY or MAYNOT come on and stay on for a bit
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: says keypad shorted service may be needed I tried to call my regular appliance person but they said most don't work on microwaves
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately this error just means that the touch control panel would need to be refurbished or replaced. Depending on the model some of these touchpad can be refurbished, but either way there is no way to fix the issue without repairing the touchpad or replacing it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there ,ay be a way to order one?

If you have a model number you can order one yes. But if it's an LCD touchpad then those usually run about $400-500 so typically it's best to refurbish it rather than replace it. Either way, to order a new one you can order one at Repairclinic.com or Searspartsdirect.com if you enter your full model number.