ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have a front-loading washer with an E20 message. Based on

Customer Question

I have a front-loading washer with an E20 message. Based on my research it's probably the filter that needs to be cleaned, but my machine doesn't seem to have an easily removed front panel so I'm not sure how to access the filter & pump. It's an Electrolux model ATF7000FE1
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service!

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your washer:(

You machine does not have an easily accessible pump filter. There is a sump screen located inside the drain hose attached to the drain pump. You will need to take the washer apart to access the pump. Here is a video that shows you how to take it apart.

click here for video

Once you get the front off, you will have access to the pump. Remove the big hose from the pump and then remove the plastic perforated tube inside and clean it. There are also a number of video on youtube that shows how to access the filter tube.

_______________________________________________________________________________
If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars or the Smiley Face to rate my help to you and me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today.
I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.
Thanks for the opportunity to help you out and feel free to come back to this question anytime with no additional charges after rating and your position will be saved. Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.
Many Thanks
Don

I see that you never came back to your question. Were you able to watch the video and figure out how to clean the filter?

Did you have any additional questions for me?

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out with your questions.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars or the Smiley Face to rate my help to you and me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out and feel free to come back to this question anytime with no additional charges after rating and your position will be saved. Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don