Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE Dishwasher will not start. I t the start button then

Customer Question

Customer: My GE Dishwasher will not start. I hit the start button then the machine starts to beep then a minute goes by and beeps again. I looked up the trouble shooting but it doesn't really help me out here
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Once I hit the start button I close the door. Normally it starts right up but now it won't. The ***** *****ght keeps blinking and the machine gives 3 beeps wait a minute then beeps 3 more times. The blinking indicates the doors open but its not. The machine is brand new I used it maybe 5 times no issues
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The control thinks the door is open, so you either have a switch failure or the door is not shutting correctly. Does the door shut easily and securely?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?