Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

DV405ETPAWR/AA is 2 years old dryer, it began taking longer

Customer Question

DV405ETPAWR/AA is 2 years old dryer , it began taking longer to dry cloths then it stopped working all together , panel does not light up nor does unit power up ... We smelled some burning smell from unit ... Please help .
Thanks Jimmy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely either with the main control or the connections at the cord. I would look at the cord connections first. Any signs of melting, discoloration or burning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me ... I had a service man come out and look at it and it was the main control panel that had gone bad ... $275 parts / labor to repair .Thanks again - Jimmy
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Glad you got it fixed, bummer that the cost was so high! I guess having dry clothes is a worthy investment, though! Take care, thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ty !
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Take care, thank you.