Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

No water is entering the machine, right from the start

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, and no water is entering the machine, right from the start cycle. i can here a humming, which I'd think was the pump but no water, hot or cold. No alarm or code sequence shows up. its an eco smart top load
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i cant find the model number, and it just hums, and does not progress thru the cycles at all. just waits for water. trying the other cycles does not advance the machine. its stuck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, but how do avoid the charge if i dont find the answer to fixing it?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

You either have a water supply issue to the machine or the water inlet valve is bad on the unit. Verify you have water supply to the unit, turn your valves off, disconnect the supply hoses and check the screens on the inlet valve for debris that may have stopped the water flow, put the hoses over into the tub and turn the valves on to see that the water supply on your home is working properly, then if you do hook them back up and if you have volt meter start a cycle on the washer and see if you are getting voltage at the cold water side of the inlet valve, if you are then the valve is bad, if there is no voltage to the water valve when you first start a cycle and the water pump is running constantly from the start of the cycle, then the water level pressure switch is bad on the unit, meaning the computer thinks the tub is full of water from the start of the cycle when it's not, so it's not putting water in the tub instead it's trying to drain water to start a new cycle.

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.