Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My dishwasher starts, starts to fill then just drains and

Customer Question

My dishwasher starts, starts to fill then just drains and turns off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, check the wire connection on the wash motor. If the connection is good, replace the board in the door. Part number W10479761. If you're handy, you can make the repair. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This washer is 1 year old you think the board could be bad? The motor connections seem to be ok

Yes, I know the board could be.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The board is $140. Is there a diagnostic test to confirm this? Could it be stuck in demo mode from what I a reading in the tech data paper work?

Demo Mode? You've done the reset and service diagnostic mode. Replace the board. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did answer my first question. Is there a test to confirm this is the problem?

If you ran service diagnostics like you said and it passed, the board is the only thing that it could be.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just hit the buttons 123,133,123 and run through a cycle? About 20 mins. How would I knew if it passed?

It wouldn't make it to the end of the test.I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively. Thanks!