Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Chas, this is ***** *****
, I have a Kenmore

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Chas, this is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Kenmore 795.72053.110 that has effectively stopped cooling. I say effectively because I can hear the compressor run, and the freezer is 'cool' (not cold) But the refrigerator part is almost room temp
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 11 months ago.

Hello, is the fan in the freezer running? Is the fan on the back by the compressor running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fan in the back by the compressor is running. Let me check on the fan in the freezer.

Ok

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the fan in the freezer is running too.

Perfect. Are you able to take the back panel out of the freezer? Would be nice to have a look at the evaporator frost pattern.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I should be able to - just need to figure out how. Is it held in with screws or just snapped into place?

It has screws. The evaporator looks like a radiator. When the freon flows through it, it's boiling. When that's happening it's creating frost on the coils. The frost should be 1/16 thick from top to bottom. You will only have frost in the top corner which indicates a freon loss or freon restriction. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, will check on that. Will be 15 minutes or so.

Ok. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, was able to get the back panel off. For future reference it's held on by snaps, not screws. There was NO frost buildup on any part of the evaporator. In fact there were some drops of water on it on a couple of places. Did verify as well the fans and compressor are running.

If the compressor is running, you have a freon issue. No freon in the system. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK. Anyone you can recommend in the Jacksonville, FL area?

I'm in the PNW so I don't know anyone in FL. I would recommend using a factory authorized company. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively. Thanks!