Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Im ***** *****
, Thanks my question .. I have a problem

Customer Question

Customer: HI Im ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thanks for taking my question .. I have a problem with my samsung freezer flexzone drawer....the contents continue to freeze. You have answered this question a year ago but I was hoping for a bit more info... http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/8eoj3-samsung-rf4287hars-flex-zone-drawer-freezing.html#ixzz3w97Pe0LK
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More specifically, If I need to replace the sensor....how can I do this? Or am I forced to have a Samsung tech do this for large sums of cash?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The sensor may be faulty or the damper may be stuck open. What does the display show the temperature as and what is the actual temperature?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,The model is a Samsung RF4267HARS.I have also noticed that the water pressure is essentially nil after I changed that water filter but his looks like that is more sure to a 3rd party filter manufacturer or the water line into the fridge.Thanks for your help,
Jeff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The aftermarket filter are notorious for problems. I have not had too good of luck with them and they are quite troublesome. I would always recommend OEM, even though they are a bit pricey. This model is quite complex, so I am going to send you the complete service manual as there are many tests that need to be made to determine what is happening. Page 67 addresses the Flex Zone specifically, so I would start there. It will take me just a few minutes to upload that manual for you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The complete service manual may be downloaded at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,Unfortunately I was just now able to login to my email and the mediafire link you sent is expired. However, I did look up the manual online for my model and found it here:
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/mmh/pd_download/lis_pdf/OWNM/1104132L.pdfOn page 67 there is information in French regarding the control panel on the left door. After searching for Flex door in the PDF I found that most of the info was around assembly and disassembly but not the temperature control sensor. However, there is a description on p. 18 about the temp selector. I have set mine to "Wine/Party Dishes" which should be the warmest of all of the settings at 42 degrees F. Since the drinks are freezing, I am guessing it might be stuck on the "Meat/Fish" (29F) or "Cold Drinks" (33F).Thanks for the tip about the filter. I have read online about not using 3rd party filter manufacturers too.When you have more thoughts, please let me know.Best,
Jeff
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, could a power cycle of the fridge reset the temp sensor?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry the manual did not download, try the link below. The one you found is the User Manual. Please let me knOW that it worked for you.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I have the file -- thanks!It seems that the control panel does not show any error codes at the moment. Do I need to run some kind of diagnostic to display this info? If so, do you know how to perform it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Page 48 shows how to initiate the diagnostics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kelly. Earlier I was able to download the file to my phone because my company firewall disallows the mediafire URL. Now that I am home, I can attempt to look at p 46 but the mediafire site needs login information. Do you have dropbox or related cloud service to drop the manual on to? I did find the service manual but most sites want at least $15 for it. Pretty ridiculous that Samsung doesn't make this easily available to consumers.As a workaround, could you perhaps copy the contents of p 46 into your reply?Thanks!
Jeff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will allow you to download the manual without logging in. The page 67 is attached.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The link to the file takes me to a page that says the file is "private." It's ok, if you cough take a screen cap of p 46 that has the instructions for running a diagnostic, that would be great.Thanks!
Jeff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, it auto locks to private, it should be good now.

CLICK HERE