Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have a GE DPGT750 dryer. Have taken the vent off the back

Customer Question

I have a GE DPGT750 dryer. Have taken the vent off the back and run the dryer, hot but no blowing out the exhaust vent.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service.

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your dryer :(

If the motor run and the drum turns but no air is blowing out the back, you have one of two problems

1. lint is built up inside the air system and is blocking the air flow. Which means you will have to take it apart all the way to the blower fan and check it out and clean as needed.

2. The blower fan blade is broken and not connected to the motor, so it will not move air.

You would have to take it apart and replace the fan blade.

Here is a drawing of your dryer. The fan blade is item 481 to give you an idea of where it is located.

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model/index.php?id=DPGT750EC0WW

Any other questions, just ask me:)

If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars or the Smiley Face to rate my help to you and me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today.
I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.
Thanks for the opportunity to help you out and feel free to come back to this question anytime with no additional charges after rating and your position will be saved. Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.
Many Thanks
Don

Hi Nick,

I see that you never came back with a response to my posting. Did you have any other questions or issues that you would like me to address?

Don