Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a miele novotronic W 1930 washing machine. the door

Customer Question

We have a miele novotronic W 1930 washing machine. the door became very difficult to close because it looked like it had "dropped". the only way to close it was to sit on the floor, lift the door up and push hard where the closing mechanism is situated. we looked at the brackets and it appeared that they were worn. we contacted miele and spoke with a technician and ordered replacement parts - both the bracket that fits on the door and the bracket that fits on the machine. we have fitted these but now can't get the door to close at all. we're miles (literally) away from any miele service provider. any suggestions.
thanks
lynda
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The hinge is what needs to be replaced. Is this what you replaced? Can you post a picture of what you see, please? See the attached picture.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is what I replaced. In fact, I have managed to solve the issue. after the brackets were replaced, the machine still would not start and it appears that this was actually related to the point where the door closing mechanism meets the wooden decorative front. I think there must have been a "cover" to the end of the screw which indicates that the door is closed. This "cover" was missing and therefore the "screw" wasn't touching the wooden decorative front and therefore the door wasn't actually locking. I have put a wallplug on the end of the screw and this now touches the wooden front and everything is working perfectly. Best. Lynda
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Great job, Lynda! I am glad you got it all fixed up, well done! Thank you for taking the time to post back, I appreciate that!