bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

My through the door ice and water dispenser is not working.

Customer Question

My through the door ice and water dispenser is not working. Ice will dispense through chute when door is open, but not through door, and water does not work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the dispenser is working to dispense ice with the door open, the main control is likely faulty.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
500 I believe fridge is 20+ years old
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does the auger turn to dispense ice when the door is open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I said that in my initial question. auger turns, and ice dispenses through chute when fridge door is open.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It was not clear if the auger turned or not, that is why I wanted to clarify, my apologies. I will place your question back to the list. Perhaps another will be able to help.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

The first thing I would be checking is where the cables pass through the door hinge. It seems that the appliance works OK except when there is movement - the only situation where the cables actually move is when the door is opened/closed.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Do you require further assistance?