Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Kenmore model 665 13044K113 dishwasher. The water

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Kenmore model 665 13044K113 dishwasher. The water does not seem to be circulating well during the wash cycle. The bottom arm turns very slowly and the arm hanging from the basket is not turning at all. (there is nothing blocking it and seems to turn freely) I have cleaned the filters on the bottom of the dishwasher. Is this a pump problem?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know what else to say. The water is not circulating with enough force to turn the arms and get the dishes clean.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for requesting me!

Can you turn the upper spray arm freely by hand?

when the unit fills with water if you open the door and pull out the lower dish rack is the water lever almost touching the black heating element?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the arm turns freely. The water level is about 1/2 inch below the heating element.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I didn't answer before. my computer locked up.

Ok Thanks.

When you turn the unit on and it fills after it fills do you hear the wash circulation pump come on and start to run?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok so the unit fills with proper amount of water ,you hear the pump running but ,does not circulate the water to the upper spray arms .

You have the rotating round disc on the rear bottom of the unit does the seem to be getting water out of them even?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it does, but I'm beginning to think the problem is with the water level. The washer is running now and after the initial rinse I checked again and the water level is very low. This has got to be the problem.. What now?

ok lets do this take a pitcher or some thing and fill the dishwasher up till the water level is just below the black heating element and run it to see if it the run correctly.

Let me know what happens .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did what you suggested. It took about a gallon to bring it up to full. The arms are both turning now. Does the washer fill by time or by the level of the water?

the washer fills by time .

If it is not filling with the correct amount of water it is a water inlet valve issue .

It will need to be replaced.

this unit was manufactured by Whirlpool for Sears

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/W10648041/3015273?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=w10327250?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your help

glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.
And Have a happy New Year!