bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a jenn air 9750cab01 and one cooktop insert doesn't

Customer Question

I have a jenn air 9750cab01 and one cooktop insert doesn't work but light comes on. I tired other cartrages that didn't work also so I think it is something else.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The contacts in the block that the cartridge plugs into is probably faulty. Number 7 in the diagram at the link below shows the metal contacts. Can you see any issues if looking with a flashlight?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I looked and didn't see anything jump out what would I see if it was faulty? Can I get this part anywhere or is it only online
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think I Internet confused myself also. Could this be a power issue? Could this be a fuse issue at the unit? <- these are things I see on line playing like I know what I am doing. I could take pictures of the connector and email if you like.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

If you can post a picture that would be very helpful!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Picture
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That brown wiped off and was grease.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any update?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK have you any means of testing to see if you have got any voltage at the element terminals?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a volt meter what setting should I use?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

Which one have you got?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have this one. Also which of the slots do I test.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK set your multimeter up to 250 volts AC. Then with power off remove the cast iron hotplate and its element below (item 3) put the probes into the two outside socket pins where the element was removed from ie one to the left and one to the right. Now power on and switch the selector knob and tell me what you see in the meter, make sure the probes are not touching the casing !!

Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

Do you require further assistance?