Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE PFS22SBSBSS with bottom freezer - about 6 years

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I have a GE PFS22SBSBSS with bottom freezer - about 6 years old - frost and sometimes ice, is forming in the freezer. Temps in the freezer and frig have warmed up several times and I have to unplug, wait and plug back in for the temps to adjust to the correct temperature.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When ice forms in the freezer - the freezer door becomes very difficult to open. Right now there is just frost, like there air is getting in somewhere.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: have to get my husband to say ok - give me a minute to check
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common cause of frost building up is leakage in the freezer door seal, especially at the bottom of the door. Does the door seem to be sealing well on the freezer section?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is not a gasket around the freezer door - it is all molded plastic and the door seems to be closing tight. Is there anywhere else to check for leakage?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Number 14 in the diagram is the freezer door gasket. That is not there?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I checked and do to see a rubber gasket. Even pulled out the first basket that is the width of the freezer and did not see anything. My husband is not well and has gone to bed. Can i get back to you tomorrow or is there a time limit for the amount I paid in resolving this issue? He may want to talk to you. I can have him help me look and remover all three basket/drawers. Usually if the freezer door is not closing properly it beeps. I doubled checked the model number and it is correct
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

You may post back at any time, there is no time limit at all. I hope your husband gets better soon. I will not be available tomorrow morning as I am undergoing some testing myself, but will reply back as quickly as I am able.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you so much for your help. I will talk to him and get back to you. Just get back to me when it is convenient for you
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thank you, have a peaceful evening.