MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a Dacor electric oven that seems to act

Customer Question

Customer: Hello. My name is***** have a Dacor electric oven that seems to act inconsistently since I last cleaned the interior. I did lift the bottom heating element, and now in "bake" mode, the oven cannot often reach the desired temperature. If I use the "convection" or "broil" elements, I can apply heat to the oven. Any suggestions? Is it just the element? ... or might it be something else?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Explain what you are looking for ... I thought I explained the situation above, but am retyping again: I have a Dacor electric oven that seems to act inconsistently since I last cleaned the interior. I lifted the bottom heating element during cleaning, and now in "back" mode the oven cannot often reach the desired temperature when set above 350degF. If I use the "convection" or "broil" modes, the oven seems to heat up fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. Assume you accept PayPal for handing the fee.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 11 months ago.

Replace the oven temperature sensor and that should fix the issue. The high heat created from the self clean cycle often winds up ruining them. Apdepot.com sells the parts for this, so give them a call to get one.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sounds reasonable, except one last question. Have you seen that the sensor works sometimes and not others? It appears to be a simple thermocouple sensor, so if it fails, wouldn't it stop working all together versus working sometimes and not others?

The sensor can be erratic at different temps.It's inexpensive, so I would do that first before assuming that this more complicated and expensive than it needs to be.