Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Dacor range control panel went out
, there's nothing

Customer Question

Customer: dacor range control panel went out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: there's nothing showing on the screen
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long do you think?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a Dacor range.. ERSD48. The stove top works fine. The light in the oven also works, but nothing else on the control panel works. I tried turning off the circuit breaker and turning it back on, but that didn't work. I've hit all the buttons on the control panel but nothing works, other than the light.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 11 months ago.

If the display is blank, you have a short circuit within the control itself and you will have to replace it.

Would you like me to try to locate the control for you? This repair would require some mechanical ability on your end. If you don't feel that you can do it, II would advise you to locate a service tech in your area that is familiar with Dacor to complete the repair for you.

Did you have any other questions about the problem on your oven?"