Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Frigidaire, wash machine model fws235rft3, filled it with

Customer Question

Customer: Frigidaire, wash machine model fws235rft3, filled it with water, stopped, I moved the dial to spin...runs 3-4 seconds stops....4 minutes later..runs 3-4 seconds stops....4 minutes later...runs 3-4 seconds...will do this on all jobs, filling with water, rinse, drain, spin
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: if you need more info than listed above, what else do you need
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

after it fills with water if you do not move the timer knob will the washer do anything on it`s own?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
After more messing with it, it will fill but not spin, or agatat

ok so you have a time issue then .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/131436700/407393?rcaid=1000070

Not sure if you want to spend this kind of money on this old of a unit ,but that is up to you .

I show the unit is 1997 model If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No this part was just replaced and is not the problem, that's why I came to this site, so I don't waste more money

ok that would have been nice to have been told!!Then it has to be either the drive motor or a loose connection in the electrical harness.

Do you have a volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it ? to be able to do any voltage testing on the motor?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Don't have one, wasted enough on this old machine, will go get a new one

ok that is up to you.Depending upon whom you purchased the time from you may be able to return it for a refund.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Timer is nonrefun

ok I would still look at the connections on the timer and on the motor it is either a loose connection one either end of the wire harness or the drive motor.