Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We have a Westinghouse Duet washer and dryer. Did several

Customer Question

We have a Westinghouse Duet washer and dryer. Did several loads over the last few days and several this morning. But now I just put in a new load added the soap, etc. and shut the door. The door clicked a few times like it does and then all the lights went off except the flashing red DOOR LOCKED light I pulled gently on the door but it will not open. What is going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
I think you mean you have a Whirlpool duet , Westinghouse did not make a duet washer

Have you unplugged the unit for over 5 minutes to reboot the electronic control board? if not let`s do that first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are correct Whirlpool... I'm sorry I don't have the model number these are very heavy and I and my wife are both disabled. I can move anything. But I will unplug the unit now.

if you can not reach the plug turn the circuit breaker off .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unit unplugged found some paperwork... got to plug ok... does 26-82712-2753 mean anything

No means nothing ,not a model number anyway!

Does the washer have a lower front panel that is separate from the door console panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK that worked! You are the first genius I've met this year!! Thank you. It started to blink again and I thought maybe I rushed plugging it back in but then it stopped and unlocked. Was able to reset cycle, water is filling, looks good so far. Have a safe and happy new year. I'm a disabled vet and my wife is in 4th stage kidney failure. It's so frustrating when I can do things like this on my own. Take care and thanks again.

Thank you For your Service !!

As A NAVY Veteran myself, we never hear that enough even though we did not do it for Thanks.

I still Thank you Sir!

God bless you and your wife I hope that 2016 is a much healthier and safe year for you both .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.
Have a Happy New Years!