Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Kenmore HE5t. It tripped the house breaker and kept

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore HE5t. It tripped the house breaker and kept the door locked. After looking at the CCU and MCU I found two two traces blown on the MCU. I soldered them back up, re-installed the unit, and it tripped the breaker again and blew two different traces on the MCU board. I ordered a new MCU, installed it nad plugged the machine back in. It tripped the ground fault this time and keeps the door locked. I pulled the MCU and it appears to be ok. what should I check next?
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Make sure the outlet the unit is plugged into is properly polarized and grounded.

If replacing the MCU did nothing to fix the issue .

I recommend top replace the CCU

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/8183251/1419912?rcaid=1000070
Check polarity to your outlet LARGE blade to ground 0 volts, small blade to ground 110-120 volts,small blade to LARGE 110-120 volts.
this is very important with electronic controls

If you have any questions just reply back.