Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I'm thinking my touch pad is bad, the bake (oven on) button

Customer Question

I'm thinking my touch pad is bad, the bake (oven on) button doesn't work. I still have othe button functions (convection,timer,broil).. So hopefully it's just the touch pad. No error codes come up so maybe that rules out the control panel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
KGRA806 is only about 1/2 of the complete number

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
KGSA906PSS00 Is the pad tough to replace? Thanks

Thank you!

When you press the none working buttons does the unit beep at all? and if you press any of the working buttons does the unit beep then?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The working buttons beep when pressed. The non working ones nothing beeps. Thanks!

Ok then yes it is a touch pad issue .

the touch pad itself is just a peel the old one off unhook it from the control board and stick the new on on connect it to the control board and your done.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad/9756559ES/1066317?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok great. Tha
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks! Is the control board tough to access? Looks like a few screws. Thanks for the link.

This model is the console on the front above the oven door or is it on the top rear above the cooktop ?

The parts break down does not show the location of the console

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's on the front above the oven door

ok if you open the oven door you have some screws that go up into the bottom of the console ,remove them ,and then pull the unit out of the counter top about 6 inches on the back side of the end caps you will have a screw on each side the the burner knob will need to be removed and then the console should roll up and back to give access to the rear of the control board and the console .

and the flat ribbon cable from the touch pad just slips into the control board connector and should have a lock that you have to unclip /unlock to get the old one out and put the new one in .