John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dryer will not move out of sensing mode. It is does go to

Customer Question

My dryer will not move out of sensing mode. It is does go to wet sometimes but the drum won't turn or anything. Like its waiting to turn on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

When you power the unit up ,select a cycle and press and hold the start button does the time display count down ? and of course it will not count down until after 1 minute.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It moved from sensing once and moved to wet and the time counted down to after I let it there for awhile. Like the dryer was running and the clothes were drying but it had never turned on. Only happened once. Yes the time does count down after about a minute. Still in sensing mode and no movement in the dryer

ok so the door switch is good .

Do you have a volt-Ohm meter to be able to do any testing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm sorry I don't have one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a diagnostic mode for this dryer? Just wondering if it would help determine the problem.

ok no problem .

Unplug the dryer ,pull the unit out away from the wall and remove the rear upper console inspection cover .

once the cover is off remove the Black and Red wire off of the heater relay ( black box) and take a paper clip and join the two wires to each other ,make sure the paper clip is not going to touch bare metal and plug the unit is and start it and see if the heater comes on .

let me know what happens.

Diagnostics will NOT tell you what is wrong .